October 09, 2017

2017 ITU Age Group World Championships - Rotterdam (5 of 9)

Good morning, Rotterdam. Today is a day to take it easy, maybe do a boat tour. Reflecting on how fortunate I am to have reached this race in good health. Spoke to two teammates last night who are now only spectating... both were hit by cars while riding their bike before they left Canada. One just a week ago. Just finished chatting with another in the lobby, who was blown off her bike on Wednesday - when I saw her then, she didn't think she'd been seriously hurt and even went for a run (sidenote, this lady is easily in her 50s and is way more hard-core than me). Her arm is now in a cast and sling, and her race (and rest of the season) is over with a broken wrist. I'm going to try not to trip on anything today. Don't worry, I'm in Holland - there's plenty of wood furniture to knock on.



--------

No comments:

Post a Comment