I've finally shaken off the post-season burnout feeling, and I'm enjoying being busy with things other than training... like keeping a new puppy out of trouble, knitting a sweater for my daughter, taking my other daughter to riding lessons, trying to keep the house neat enough that I can find my keys, and of course thinking about what I'd like to do this coming year in triathlon and otherwise. I figure I might as well start with a bigger list, and go from there -- inspired by Kelsey, the Happy Triathlete (and, I might add, one of my new coaches on the HPS next season!).
|Say hi to Tinley! She says "Are those running shoes expensive? They look delicious..."|
List of things I'd like to do at some point:
- Sing Handel's Messiah at the National Arts Center in Ottawa
- So excited to be crossing this off the list this year!!! Everyone come see it, December 15 and 16th. I promise I won't wear lycra. Though I am open to bribes/dares to yell "on your left!" during the Alleluia.
- Do the Escape from Alcatraz triathlon
- With the crappy Canadian dollar and the entry fee going up to $750 US, I've adjusted this "want to do" to be simply... swim from Alcatraz to San Francisco. I mean, if I want to race a steep bike or run course, I'll just go to Tremblant or Muskoka and save some coin.
- Complete an Ironman
- Because who needs sleep, a life, or body parts that aren't broken... right?
- Qualify for and race at Age Group World Championships
- Want to take another crack at this one.
- Do a multi-day bike tour
- Ideally something with really good food and wine at the end.
- Live on a boat
- Don't know where I'll put the bikes, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Anyone have other suggestions? Must-do races or other events? What's looking good in 2016? So many possibilities!